CSA Time is Almost Here!
- The first Monday full share and half share “A” group pick up will be June 3rd from 4-7 at the farm
- The first Tuesday full share and half share “A” group pick up will be June 4th from 4-7 at Whole Foods Market in West Hartford
- The first Monday half share “B” group pickup will be June 10th from 4-7 at the farm
- The first Tuesday half share “B” group pick up will be June 11th from 4-7 at Whole Foods Market in West Hartford
- Please remember, there is no Friday pick up for the spring share
The Farm’s History
The Beckett family started farming in Glastonbury in 1973, when Chip’s father bought the Old Cider Mill to keep it from being developed into condominiums after the original condo sale fell thru. Chip worked during off times in college and vet school until 1982, and returned to Glastonbury in 1983 to start his own practice and help out with the farm. In 1985, he bought the farm next door to build the veterinary clinic, Beckett and Associates, and add the acreage to the Cider Mill property. Originally, we sold most things to the Cider Mill, along with wholesalers in Hartford. We have gradually sold to more stands and added farmers’ markets two years ago, when his daughter, Leah, was old enough to drive to the markets. The CSA is the next evolution for our farm, to let people see and share what we do with our productive land and good weather.
Hi everyone! We started out spring share pick ups last Monday, but we are still accepting applications for the spring, summer and fall shares. Email email@example.com if you’d like more information.
The 2013 CSA season is our fourth season offering the CSA. We have worked to expand the variety for everyone in the program. At the most basic level we offer full and half shares. This year, however, we also partnered with Kelly from Highland Art Farm to participate in a Full Diet CSA. If you are interested in that, please visit Kelly’s site here.
In Today’s Box
From front left: Sorrel, sugar snap peas, broccoli rabe, arugula, radishes
To sign up for the 2013 CSA Season click here.
Spring Schedule: June
Summer Schedule: July and August
Fall Schedule: September and October